Thursday, March 27, 2014

Jewlery Station

 
 
I have not had a good place to put my jewelry since we moved into our house. I kept switching it from our bedroom, to the spare room (where I told myself I would get ready..can you say MAJOR dressing room?), or the bathroom.
 
After much deliberation and finding the right jewelry "holders" I have decided to place them in the spare room on our desk, as shown above.
 
Todd snagged the awesome yellow cabinet at a flea market sale last summer. He brought it home for me because he said it was "my style." What a guy.
 
As much as I loved the piece, I couldn't find anywhere suitable to put it. I had high hopes for using it in our dining room or kitchen, but it's kind of an awkward size. So, it has finally found its' home in the spare bedroom as my jewelry box!
 
 
Now it is holding my silver/gold necklaces with nails that Todd screwed in, watches, earrings, rings and perfume. Also, I reused some Kate Spade packages to hold my earrings and rings...they are the circular green/blue and purple/orange boxes. Aren't they cute?
 
 
Originally I wanted to hang my costume jewelry in the yellow cabinet, but I quickly realized I didn't have enough space. Todd and I decided that we could screw more nails into one of our old windows that we found at construction junction.
 
We used these to showcase pictures at our wedding, so it is nice that we can repurpose it into something functional. And I must say, now that it's up and has my necklaces and bracelets hanging, I absolutely love it.
 
 
Finally, I have my wedding ring holder. It's the cutest little squirrel that I got at forever XXI this summer for about $6.00.
 
Now that I have the perfect jewelry station, I have no excuse to not keeping it nice and tidy....or so Todd says. :)
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment